Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I can dream can't I?

image from California Closets

I think if Goodwill looked like this people more would want to shop there. Duh....(I have two teenage boys...this is where my vocabulary comes from)...moving on...

Goodwill has Armani for $6.00 because it looks like...hmmm..like Goodwill. But that's what makes it sooo fun! I will tell you that I would have a field day in there with some laundry equipment and my fancy iron!!!! I dream of cleaning that joint up!! How could I do that while maintaining the $3.49 that I just paid for the Nordstom Spring Jacket...I'll think about that and get back to you.

The other day while I was taking photographs of lovely Easter outfits for children, a man rammed my cart because it was in his way. Rammed it. I was a little startled but not really, 'cause I was at the 'Dub. It was actually much nicer than the time a scary looking guy was holding an ice pick that he had just found in the housewares section. You know how when you see a scary guy holding an ice pick you try to memorize his features so you can tell the cops later? Yeah like that. Don't worry mom I hid behind some giant man that looked relatively safe. Goodwill is entertaining to say the least! (I watch a lot of 48 Hour Mystery on the ID channel.)

6 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny! It reminds me of all my close encounters with freaks. Always stay away from strange men in the GW wearing trench coats. Oh the stories! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..Like yesterday. When I heard the sound of an
    electric saw starting up, over my shoulder from the housewares section. Then, in line..HE was
    standing right behind (you guessed it!) ME..caressing the saw blade and telling me what a valuable saw it was..what a little sharpening would do. You know, it's only Goodwill shoppers
    who can share these stories..we GET it! Our own
    club, that for once I kind of like belonging to
    (even if it is scary at times) Is that why it's
    called "the thrill of the hunt?!" -ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently visited a Goodwill store located in Hollywood on Vine. VERY interesting people there, and I'm sure they felt the same about me. The experience reminded me of how bland I look -- need to bump up the funk!

    PS - Keep a fork in your basket as you shop the store . . . just in case. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont really pay attention to others when I am sifting those GW racks. In fact, I've developed friendship with other regular GW customers here who share tips which store sells a griswold skillet. And one man let me have a cookbook he was holding when I complimented the pictures in the book.
    I guess I havent met any weird one yet!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I am loving your style! Not to mention, your living room is divine {from what I can see}! I was cracking up at the pics of your kiddos walking in front of the camera--too funny!

    ReplyDelete